Sunday, September 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



Well, I think it is time to try some new things on this blog! So, I am going to start participating in Menu Plan Monday over at I'm Organizing Junkie. We have a family of six and crazy schedules. The worst part of the day for me is when it comes time to decide what to make for dinner. I NEVER know. And it stresses me out. I used to plan my weekly meals and my, oh my how it helped. I don't know why I stopped but time to get off my patootey and get cracka lackin' again! It really does make dinner time less stressful. Plan your weekly meals, make your shopping list, do one big grocery store trip and every night you will know what's for dinner. No thinking about it, no figuring out what is lurking in the fridge or pantry to make! By the way, you do know that making a grocery list and sticking to it saves you money right? And that is what it's all about my friends. Saving money! Also, I am wanting to try some new dishes. So if I post a meal that is something new my family is trying I will post the next day how it fared with my bunch! Be sure to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie as over 200 people usually post what their meal plan is for the week. Great place to get some ideas!


Monday: Crockpot swedish meatballs, egg noodles, corn(This is a family favorite)
This recipe is so quick and so... good! We prefer to serve our over egg noodles. YUMMO!


Tuesday: Pancake Night!
I will be at a meeting this night so these I can make up the night before and put in fridge for my hubby to warm up in a jiff!


Wednesday: Skillet Ziti with Chicken & Broccoli, garlic bread, salad


Thursday: Ranch Pork Chops, Rice, Butter Beans


Friday: Kids Night! Homemade Pizza
I will be trying a new pizza dough recipe so i'll let ya know how it goes!


Saturday: Baked Potato Bar
The kids love this and it is so easy. I like to buy these potatoes at Publix that are wrapped in the plastic already. Pop them in the microwave and in 7 min. you have a perfect potato.

0 comments: