Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time To Reflect

As I sit here this morning, sipping my coffee, on the last day of this year 2008 it brings me to reflect on the year that has passed so quickly. You know I am truly thankful to God for all the blessings this year has brought my family and I. Now, don't get me wrong....we have had our share of ups and downs. Our biggest obstacle was probably my husbands job loss and the decision we made for him to TOTALLY change careers. It has been a long road...we have been through alot of job loses in the 14 years we have been together. But that does not kill us makes us stronger right? And boy oh boy are we a testimony to that! I used to get so depressed, and cry and cry. Do the whole, "why us God?" Now, I don't even ask that anymore. You see, I have learned that my God is faithful! Now, I don't know why things happen like they do...but I do believe that if you truly listen to God there is something to be learned from everything that happens in our life. Maybe all my husbands job losses is meant to bring us closer as husband and wife, maybe it is to show us how immature we have been all these years with our spending habits, maybe it is to just make us step back and be thankful for the little things in life. When I think about our situation and start to feel the "poor me" syndrome coming on I simply think of the things in my life that I am so blessed to have! My God, my husband, my 4 beautiful, healthy children, the best parents ever, a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, toys for my children to play with, the most wonderful friends in the world, my health, oh and did I say my faithful, loving God who has my back no matter what? I could go on and on. You know, I have discovered that this money thing is just a inconvience right now. Not the end of the world! So, I say bring on 2009! I am ready for it to be the most fantastic year ever!! How about you?

2 comments:

Queen B's Bucks said...

That is an awesome post and a great outlook on the past year. I love you girly!!!!

Bridge :)

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing!! We have only suffered one job loss and it seems like the biggest tragedy EVER!! But I will be encouraged b/c, as you said, HE is faithful!!! Thanks!